Bus and Parking Information
This page features information about bus transportation and senior parking. If you have questions about either of these topics, please contact the dean's office.
Bus Routes and Schedules
The buttons on the right feature links to Hinsdale Central's bus route and schedule information for the current school year. Please note that the first link is specific to transportation for sophomores, juniors and seniors on the first day of school. While freshmen will have a full day of school and follow the daily bus route schedule on this day, all other grade levels will have a half day (afternoon attendance) and follow the routes and schedule featured in the link.
In addition, the district has shifted to early release days next year. On these days, students will be dismissed at 1:55 PM. There will also be days where students will dismiss at 12:35 PM or 11:30 AM, or operate on a different schedule due to the administration of state-mandated assessments. On the early release or early dismissal days, buses will typically depart from the school 15 minutes after the final bell. On final exam days the buses will depart 15 minutes after the last scheduled exam.
Hinsdale Central assigns students bus transportation if they meet one of three conditions:
- Live at least 1.5 miles from their school
- Be required to pass through an area identified in an Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) Serious Safety Hazard Finding
- Have an IEP-prescribed transportation requirement
Prior to putting in a request, please check the transportation tab (located in the "More" section) in Infinite Campus as you do not have to request transportation unless you have moved or your student was not assigned a route and you believe your student qualifies based on one of the conditions above. You will receive an email verification that we have received your request and a follow-up email once your request has been reviewed.
2024/2025 Senior Parking Information
Parking applications for the 2025 senior class were sent out to students on February 14, 2024. Application deadline will be June 21, 2024. Students will need to use their D86 school account to apply. Once the application is received we will review it and students will receive confirmation that the application was received.
. 2023/2024 Senior Parking Assignments
Below are a few reminders about student parking.
- Parking around campus is restricted to the east side of Grant Street from 55th to 57th, and a small portion on the west side from the entrance of the parking lot to 57th. Students are asked to please pay attention to and follow all no parking signs.
- Students who park on campus without a permit may be issued a ticket.
- Students who are on campus for practice or club activities before school should park on the street.
- Parking in the student lot is open to all students once school is dismissed for the day.