Willkommen! Salvete! Bienvenue! ¡Bienvenidos!
The District 86 world language department believes in the potential of every individual to learn another language. We will develop critical literacy and communication skills through engagement with authentic language resources that help students construct their own world view to participate in global communities. Our classrooms are inclusive and supportive communities of learners that affirm the identities of all students while deepening their global awareness, cultural appreciation, and empathy for others.
News to Share
- Congratulations to Mia Brent on earning the World Language Student of the Quarter for third quarter.
- Check out the list of individuals who were named Star Students for third quarter. We congratulate everyone who earned this well-deserved honor.
- Congratulations to our World Language Poster Contest winners - Angelina Duan (first place), Aleksandra Korza (second place) and Emma Keating (third place).
- Congratulations to the 92 members of the class of 2022 who earned the Seal of Biliteracy. We look forward to honoring more seniors after our next round of qualifying tests.
- Check out the video about our Latin program that was featured on the district's Inside the Classroom series.