THE STATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The State Scholar Program recognizes students attending approved high schools for outstanding academic achievement. State scholar designation provides honorary recognition with no monetary award. Approximately the top ten percent of graduates from approved high schools are announced as State Scholars each year.
To be eligible, you must
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Be a resident of Illinois
- Attend an approved high school
- Take the ACT, SAT or Prairie State Achievement Exam between September 1 and June 30 (by the end of the third semester before high school graduation*)
- Perform in the top one-half of your high school class at the end of the third semester prior to graduation*, and/or score in the 95th percentile on the ACT, SAT or Prairie State Achievement Exam
- Graduate from high school during the academic year in which you were selected as a State Scholar
*(typically the end of your junior year in high school)
Congratulations to the Hinsdale Central students listed below for their recognition as State Scholars.
Cruz Walma, Alexander
Joseph, Jean Maria
Van De Bovenkamp, Kyle
Van Schaayk, Maggie
*several names may have been excluded due to Hinsdale Township High School District 86 Opt-Out Policy.